- Changes performed in new notification editor tool are not reflected in legacy html editor view.
- Default message shown on wysiwyg editor (aka new launch editor) even though is not the default notification content.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to any notification template within the application and launch new editor tool
- Change any part of the content (e.g. sentence "The job was happily completed")
- Save your changes
- Navigate to the legacy html editor and click preview
As you can see above, the sentence has not changed to "The job was happily completed" because changes are not reflected in the legacy html editor.
Changes completed in new notification editor tool (aka wysiwyg editor) are not reflected in old template view, and it is expected system behaviour.
- If you check the checkbox "Use Editor Content When Sending Email Notification" at the notification level, it means all future notifications for this template will be sent with content specified in new editor.
- In order to use this editor, you have to navigate as well to System Admin > Configuration > Global Variables and check the same checkbox there.
- It does not mean that any changes done in new editor will be reflected in the legacy editor, as the old template will stay unchanged.
- Only in situation when you decide not to use New Editor tool but click launch editor anyway, this is prepopulated by legacy html editor content by default (including any modifications existing in the old legacy editor content).
- To ensure the legacy html editor content is default before using the new wysiwyg editor, use the View Default button to copy and paste the contents in the legacy html editor first.
- 2341999 - Adhoc Notification when using the New Editor Tool
- 2258591 - New Notification Editor when trying to Preview Email-LMS
- 2305345 - Unable to tick "Use Editor Content" under Notifications in LMS
- 2297331 - Editing notification templates when the default is not acceptable for the customer
- 2524356 - LMS : Ability to view the System Default Notification Template (b1708 - LRN-18779)
- 2302153 - LMS: Notifications Overview
- 2330530 - LMS Notifications Knowledge Support and Tips
- 2536843 - SAP SuccessFactors Learning Notification Customization - User Assistance Documentation link
SAP sf success factors learning lms old template view is not prepopulated with changes done in new editor tool legacy html wysiwyg customized modify change custom , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Learning all versions