- The ASE errorlog reports a timeslice with process infected in the module des_checkpoint_flush_sysstats():
timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0xe63ae8 (des_checkpoint_flush_sysstats+0x2b8)
timeslice error: spid xx exhausted its 'time slice' of xxx milliseconds and additional 'cpu grace time' of 1000 ticks (100000 milliseconds). It has been marked for termination.
- While the process is holding a spinlock:
Spinlock Dbtable->dbt_defpipebufgpspin at address 0x0000000144216c80 owned by xxxxxx
- The timeslice error is followed by a stacktrace including modules:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments
- Finally, an ASE server crashes:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR#795239, 795239, CR795239, CR#797745, CR 797745, 797745, metadata cache , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.