- There is a number of reasons why a Lumira document will not refresh in SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform. These include unsupported datasources as well as other problems.
- SAP Lumira Desktop
- SAP Lumira Server, for BI Platform
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform
- Datasource basics (SAP Lumira Desktop)
- Universe Query Panel Extension (supports UNX Universes only) must be installed on Lumira Desktop for Universe support.
- SAP BW Data Acquisition Connector Extension must be installed on Lumira Desktop to access SAP BW Datasources. See KBA 2182582 - Error: Dataset refresh failed, when attempting to open a document based on a BEx Query in Lumira
- For JDBC Conenctivity see KBA 2233344 - Lumira Desktop and Micosoft SQL Server JDBC Driver Compatibility and KBA KBA 2023185 - What is the Generic JDBC option in SAP Lumira for?
- Refresh on Open feature of Lumira document in BIP is added from SAP Lumira, server for BI Platform version 1.29.
- Lumira fails to connect to BW because Message Server entry has not been added to the "services" file, or the Message Server port number is incorrect in the "services" file. See KBA 2202292 - Error: Connect to message server host failed, when attempting to connect to SAP BW from Lumira
- Datasource related issues when refreshing Lumira Documents in SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform
- UNV universes cannot be refreshed. See KBA 2297241 - Is it possible to refresh UNV universe in SAP Lumira?
- Scheduling a document with prompts in the Universe data source is not supported in LS4BIP. See KBA 2234406 - Details and Bahaviours of Lumira Document Scheduling in BI Platform
- The option "Universe connect to a Universe and download a dataset" should only be used for UNV Universes. See KBA 2278227 - Why is there a Universe and Universe Query Panel Extension option in Lumira
- Only Documents created off of managed BW connections are supported. See KBA 2191028 - Error: "Refresh failed. Refresh not supported for this datasource" happened while refreshing BW datasource in BI Lauch Pad
- BW connections using the options "Connect to SAP Business Warehouse" are not supported. See KBA 2182582 - Error: Dataset refresh failed, when attempting to open a document based on a BEx Query in Lumira
- If using SAP HANA, incorect revison of HANA. See the blog SAP Lumira Family Supported Versions Matrix and KBA 2191165 - Error when opening HANA based Lumira document in BI Launch Pad
- Incorrectly configured JDBC driver. See KBA 2240273 - How to Configure JDBC Driver for Lumira Server for BI Platform
- Free Hand SQL (FHSQL) requires driver configuration on your BI Platform.
- JDBC requires connection be cerated in BI Platform. See KBA 1400943 - How to create a JDBC connection in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.x?
- Refresh of HANA datasources is supported in Lumira 1.29 and higher. See KBA 2191165 - Error when opening HANA based Lumira document in BI Launch Pad. Also see the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for your version of Lumira. (SAP Service Market Place login required)
- Show latest data does not autorefresh. See KBA 2276690 - Show latest data does not work for Lumira document in BI Platform
- Network and other problems
- The Lumira Client and Server components must be of the same version. See KBA 2262361 - Error: Dataset Refresh has failed when refreshing Lumira connecting to BEX query
- Data Federation service may interfere. See KBA 2134272 - Lumira fails to refresh Universe data
- Network / name resolution issues. See KBA 2209662 - Unable to initialize the DSL Service Provider & refresh failed errors while creating or refreshing Lumira documents
- Refresh of scheduled Lumira documents
- See KBA 2234406 - Details and Bahaviours of Lumira Document Scheduling in BI Platform
- Other related sources of information
- Refresh and Data Source support for Lumira Document in SAP BI
- Configuring Pre-Requisites for Data source support
- SAP Lumira Family Supported Versions Matrix
- SAP BusinessObjects Lumira, server for BI Platform Product Availability Matrix (PAM) - Attached to this KBA
connectivity db database data source new data blank empty incorrect bad connect , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , BI-LUM-SRV , SAP Lumira Server , BI-LUM-OD , SAP Lumira Cloud , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0