- When refreshing Web Intelligence (Webi) or Crystal Reports For Enterprise (CR4E) reports based on multi-source (.unx) Universe connecting to SQL Server 2008/2012, one of the following errors may occur:
- Webi: "The following database error occurred: [Data Federator Driver] Cannot reach server. Reason: attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect"
- CR4E: "The viewer could not process an event. The data source is invalid: 'Failed to excecute: CALL getConnectorName('referenceID=#####')'. Please contact the maintainer of the data source to resolve the problem. [JRC00005380] ----- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]"
- May see the following in the Crystal Reports Processing Server trace log:
- "Redesign your query or contact the data source maintainer to solve the problem."
- "Failed to execute: <query>
- "attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect"
- At the same time, when the error is displayed, Adaptive Processing Server (APS) containing Data Federation Service may crash/restart and create a dump file.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 (BI4.1)
Multi-source Universe based on OLEDB to SQL Server 2008/2012
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1
Data Federator Data Access restart crash stopped stop crashed core dump jvm BI BI41 BI42 , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , BI-BIP-DF , Data Federation Service , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.