- Unable to check the option "Set To Null"
- In the Parameter Prompt window, unable to set Null for the parameter in Crystal Reports, when reporting of a Sybase ASE Stored Procedure.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP Sybase ASE
- ODBC Connection using the Adaptive Server Enterprise & CR Sybase Wire Protocol ODBC driver.
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports 2008
- Create an ODBC connection over Sybase ASE using Adaptive Server Enterprise Driver.
- In Crystal Reports 2008, create a report over Sybase ASE based stored procedure.
- Note: Parameter has to be declared on the stored procedure SQL.
- Refresh the report and in the prompt window "Set Null" check box was enable for the respective parameter.
- Check "Set Null", and report works fine.
- In Crystal Reports 2011 and above
- Create an ODBC connection over Sybase ASE, using CR Sybase Wire Protocol ODBC Driver.
- In SAP Crystal Reports 2013, create a report as per the steps given above, "Set Null" was observed grayed out
- ODBC connection created using CR Sybase Wire Protocol ODBC driver over SAP Sybase ASE, do not have option to set “ANSI NULL” OFF or ON under configuration windows.
- Crystal Reports Native Driver uses SET statements to change ANSI Null to OFF.
- SET ANSINULL OFF
- SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF
- Sybase ODBC Driver has a setting for this so it is not change automatically by Crystal Reports.
- Use Adaptive Server Enterprise driver for ODBC connection and in configuration window, under the tab "Connection", check the option: "Set ANSI Null"
1616849 - Sybase values repeating in CR using ODBC DSN
Set Null Sybase, Sybase stored procedure, unable to set null, Sybase ASE ODBC , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020
|Sybase ASE configuration.jpg|