When you try Modify some of the Service Tickets using Mass Data Maintenance, system throws below error message:
The combination of Incident Category XXXXX and Service Category XXXXX is not valid
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center.
- Select Import Service Request link
- Update the file
- After validation, select Execute Import
The Cause for the issue is that the combination of Incident Category and Service Category enetred in the template is wrong and it is not in line with the combination available in Administrator -> Service and Social -> Service Categories
Basically, each Incident Category is part of Service Category. In this case, the Incident Category is not part of Service Category.
Check the Incident Category and Service Category assigned in the below work center and correct the data accoridngly.
- Go to Administrator work center
- Select Service and Social
- Select Service Categories
- Expand the Service Category Name to find the underlying Incident category.
KBA , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To