- You are running Software Update Manager(SUM) on an ABAP only system that was previously split from a dual stack (ABAP + Java) system.
- You have started SUM with the correct URL for ABAP only upgrades
- SUM fails during PREP_INIT/SETSYNC_PREP_STARTED phase with the following error:
Last error code set: No synchronization mechanism available
- J2EECHK.LOG contains the following traces from a previsouly existing Java system
4 ETQ399 Profile parameter 'rdisp/j2ee_start' is 1
4 ETQ399 Request handler 'J2EE' determined internally as 1
4 ETQ399 Detected JSCS instance via instance name scan.
4 ETQ399 Java SCS instance '' is detected.
- Any version of Software Update Manager
- ABAP system previsouly split from a dual stack (ABAP + Java) system
SAP NetWeaver all versions
Software Update Manager, SUM, SETSYNC_PREP_STARTED, J2EECHK.LOG, PREP_INPUT_CHECK, J2EE_CHK1 , KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLA , Upgrade tools for ABAP , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.