After a manual instance refresh, your Scheduled Jobs will need to be re-submitted to the scheduler in order to run. For EC customers, it is imperative to remember to reschedule the Daily HRIS Sync job otherwise this will cause Future dated transactions not to sync.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SucessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Perform a manual Instance Refresh on instance with EC enabled
- Future Dated Transactions no longer synchronize
- Transactions with a past date or dated "Today" still synchronize data
This is because the manual Instance Refresh process will copy the scheduled jobs from one instance to another, but the job still needs to be manually re-submitted to the Job Scheduler in order to run
NOTE: If you have performed the Instance Refresh using the IRT, you may analyze the KBA below to know what are the jobs that will be copied:
2791468 - Instance Refresh Tool for BizX & LMS | Must-know guide & FAQ
- Navigate to Provisioning > Instance in question > Monitor Jobs and click on the "View Waiting Jobs" link. Notice that the Daily HRIS Sync job is not scheduled
- Navigate to Manage Scheduled Jobs. Filter the list of jobs with Job Type "HRIS Sync". You can then identify the Daily HRIS Sync job as it will be a Recurring Job and will still show as Submitted
- Next use the action menu for that job to "Cancel" the job
- Once cancelled, use the same action menu to "Edit" the job. Do not change any of the jobs configuration. Just make sure that the "Job Owner" is a user with Admin permission to Everyone.
- Last step is to reset the schedule start date to the applicable date. Note - This is in US date format - you cannot use a Time & Date that is in past - so best set the schedule to run from the "Next" business day -:
- Lastly, click "Update Job" to resubmit the job
- The scheduler will ask whether you want to Submit Now or Submit Later - choose Submit Now
- Then lastly, go check the "View Waiting Jobs" list again and verify that the job is now scheduled
NOTE: If the Daily HRIS Sync job has not run for several days, it would also be a very good idea to run a Full HRIS Sync, to ensure that all current dated is synchronized. This is to avoid any inconsistencies where the Daily HRIS Sync job has not run for several days due to a refresh, and the delta will not be picked up the next time the Daily HRIS Sync runs.
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HRS , HRIS Sync , LOD-SF-PLT-IRT , Instance Refresh Tool , Problem