This KB article explains how to adminster Daylight Savings Time in SuccessFactors Learning Scheduled Offerings.
- For example, a user is signed up for a course expected to start at 2 pm EST; however the original time zone of the course is Europe (6 hours later) at 8pm. The user signed up while the time difference is 6 hours. Now the time in EST has changed from winter to summer time. This means that for a period of time the time difference is 7 hours. The course is scheduled to take place during that period of time. So for the user the start of the course is actually not 2 PM EST but 1 PM EST.
- Will the LMS automatically adjust the start time (after the employee has already enrolled in the course) for the user to 1 PM or will it still show as 2 PM EST?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Any changes to Daylight Savings Time (DST) are taken into account based on the timezone the scheduled offering was created in. The start time should adjust regardless of what timezone the course is being taken in to align with the host time zone's DST change. See the screen shot below to illustrate an example.
- In this example, a scheduled offering is created in GMT with a start date of Oct 28th (just before DST changes in GMT). The SO is set to run each day from 13:00 to 22:00 GMT. It will last over two weeks and during that time DST will change in both GMT and EST timezones (but not on the same date).
- It is assigned to a Learner in the US, who uses the EST time zone. Look at the screen shot below of the schedule as viewed by the User. Start and end time are calculated based on changes in GMT as that's where the SO originated. When the time changes in GMT, the start and end time adjust accordingly in the US to match. Similarly, when DST changes later in EST; its corrected again.
sf, success factors, LMS, DST, time change, clock, back, forward, calendar, EST, BST, GMT, IST, CET, day light , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Learning all versions