A picklist field for the Position object is not populating in Succession Domain Ad Hoc Reports, even though the positions have this information.
For example, the “positionCriticality” field is not appearing for position 80 on Succession (MDF Position based nominations) Ad Hoc Reports:
However, this information is populated correctly in the position:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SuccessFactors Succession Management
- SuccessFactors MDF Position Model
- SuccessFactors MetaData Framework (MDF)
The picklist associated to the field does not have a translation for the language you are viewing the instance in.
For example, you could be viewing the instance in English UK (English UK), but only have the picklist labels defined for English US (English US) and the Default Value:
To solve the issue, you should define the translations for the desired languages. To do so, you can follow the below steps:
- It is recommended that you change the language to English US (English US) before proceeding, so that it is easier to visualize the cause of the issue. To change the language: Options > Change Language > English US (English US) > Switch.
- Go to Admin Center > Company Settings > Configure Object Definitions.
- Select “Picklist” in the first dropdown and the picklist associated to the field with which you are having this issue in the second dropdown. In this case, we will modify the “PositionCriticality” picklist.
- Under “History”, for the latest record change, click “Take Action” > “Make Correction”.
- Under “Values”, click the “Translations” icon next to the Label for each picklist option, complete the missing translations and click on “Done”:
- Repeat step 5 for all picklist options and then click on “Save”.
After applying this change, the field should populate properly on Ad Hoc Reports:
Inclusive History Succession MDF Position based nominations) Ad Hoc Reports Reports Report field picklist position criticality positionCriticality does not appear populates displays appearing populating displaying , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , LOD-SF-SCM-REP , Reporting and Data Imports Exports , LOD-SF-FWK-MDF , MDF Framework , Problem