Cost Centers are not filtered based on Company (LegalEntity) in Alternate Cost Distribution.
Adding an Alternate Cost Distribution all Cost Centers are selectable in the dropdown.
Cost Centres are not filtered by Legal Entity.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Alternative Cost Distribution has to display all cost centers since customers have the requirement to distribute costs to cost centers from other companies as well.
This is expected behaviour.
However if this is a customers' requirement it can be achieved by introducing custom fields and business rules:
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions and edit the CostCenter object. Add a custom field (e.g. cust_LegalEntityAssignment) to the object Cost Center: a reference to the object Legal Entity.
2. Maintain the Legal Entity Assignment value in all Cost Centers (this can be done via UI or via Import).
3. Add a custom field (e.g. cust_UsersLegalEntity) to the object Alternative Cost Distribution (EmpCostDistribution): a reference to the object Legal Entity.
4. Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Configuration UI. Select the UI "EmpCostDistributionUI" and add the custom LegalEntity field to the Parent object section
5. Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Business Rules and create a new Business Rule with Base Object "Alternative Cost Distribution". In this rule set the value of the custom field you added in Step 3 to "User.Job Information.Company.Legal Entity ID" which is the Company value assigned to the employee in Job Inforomation.
6. Navigate back to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions and assign this Business Rule as an onChange rule to the fields "usersSysId" and "effectiveStartDate" of the EmpCostDistribution (Alternative Cost Distribution) object
7. Navigate to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions and edit the object EmpCostDistributionItem (the Child object Alternative Cost Distribution Item). Edit the field "costCenter" and add the following field criteria -:
Source Field Name = Name of the custom field added to the "CostCenter" object in Step 1
- Destination Field Value = Name of the custom field for LegalEntity added to the "EmpCostDistribution" object in Step 3
Q) Will the UI automatically update the Legal Entity value the first time an Alternative Cost Distribution record is created for a user via Take Action Manage:Alternative Cost Distribution?
Q) Will the UI automatically update the Legal Entity value the subsequent times an Alternative Cost Distribution record is created for a user via Take Action Manage:Alternative Cost Distribution?
A) No - You have to either manually select the Legal Entity value (hence why it is exposed in the UI) OR you must reselect the Effective Start Date value once the Edit UI has loaded.
Q) Is there any way to tell the user that the currently selected Legal Entity is incorrect?
A) Yes - you can create a custom onSave rule to compare the value Legal Entity value set in EmpCostDistribution Vs the current Legal Entity value set in the users Job Information. Example rule is below (please put on the EmpCostDistribution object as onSave)
association cost centre Alternate Cost Distribution , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , LOD-SF-EC-CMP , Compensation Information & One-Time Bonus , How To