How to configure the Add Peer Position and Add Lower Level Position in Position Org Chart.
Employee Central - Position Management
- The Add Peer Position and Add Lower-Level Positions are visible for users who have Create Permissions. Both of these option are controlled by the same permissions and can not be permissions independently of each other.
- Please note is the Position Object is not Secured these options will be available for all end users: Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions > Position > Security is set to 'No'
The Position Object Must be secured to restrict access:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions > Position > set Security to 'Yes' and Category to "Miscellaneous"
Create Permissions are required for Position Object:
- Navigate to Admin Center > Manage Permission Role > Miscellaneous Permissions >locate the Position object.
- Grant the permissions as per business requirement including the 'Create' option.
- Save the Permission Role
Create Permissions Validation:
As mentioned above both options will be available for users who have create permissions.
If you would like to further restrict which Positions a user can create, you will need to define a target criteria for create Permissions.
This is covered in detail in 2355178 - Create Permission for Position
- Create permissions are only validated on save of the position. If you have restricted permissions on creating positions, they will only be validated on save of the position or after submitting the workflow. If you are not permissioned to create the position you will receive a "No Permissions" error as expected.
This means a user may be able to select both Add Peer and Add Lower Level options but depending on their permissions may not be able to create a position from this option.
- The value of the fields are copied from the rule triggered in "Rule for Defining Copy-Relevant Position Fields". The copying of field data will respect permissions.
If you do not have permission to a field on the original position, it will not be copied.
Please review the following section of the handbook for further details on this feature.
Position Org Chart, Employee Central 2.0, Add Peer Position, Add Lower-Level Position, Permissions, Restrictions , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To