Requirement: Once the status of the ticket is set to Completed & ticket is Saved, system should trigger an e-mail (with satisfaction survey) to the reporter of the ticket.
How to Achieve: Create a workflow rule for ticket & insert a survey in it.
Steps to create workflow rule:
1. Go to the Administrator work center.
2. Go to the Workflow Rules view.
3. Click on New to create a Workflow Rule.
4. Add Description, Business Object (i.e. Ticket), Timing (i.e. On Every Save).
4. Click on Next to Define Conditions.
5. Click on Add Group button.
6. Define Conditions Status Equals to Value Complete or Lifecycle Status Equals to Value Complete.
7. Click on Next to Define Actions.
8. Select Rule Type: E-mail; Check Always Send E-Mail & Create Email Activity (if required); Add Sender; Subject (e.g. [Ticket: #TICKETID#] has been completed); Add the HTML template.
Note: the Sender E-mail address should always be the default e-mail maintained in E-Mail and Fax Settings activity.
Business Configuration work center -> Implementation Projects view -> Select the Project -> Click on Open Activity List button -> Fine-Tune tab ->
Open activity E-Mail and Fax Settings -> Click on E-Mail and Fax Settings link -> check the Default Sender Address (e.g. e-mail address: DoNotReply@my315185.mail.crm.ondemand.com)
8. Include Place Holders like Ticket ID & Survey ID (e.g. #TICKETID#, #SURVEY239#).
Note: You can create or reuse an existing Satisfaction Survey in the Surveys work center.
9. Add the recipient of the survey (e.g. Reported By of Ticket) under Recipient Determination.
10. You can also add Employee who will be recipient of the notification (Under Employee section).
11. Click Next to Review your rule.
12. Click on Activate & then Finish.
13. Click Close button in Confirmation step.
Now with above rule, on completion of every ticket an E-mail workflow will be triggered for the Ticket Reporter and the Employee added in the rule.
Please find below Sample HTML Template Code for triggering e-mail (utf-8; save as .html):
<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<p> Hello <p>
<p> Your [Ticket: #TICKETID#] is complete <p>.
<href> #SURVEY223# </href>
<p> Regards, SAP Support <p>
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To