Implementing OCN with SAP SuccessFactors LMS
User Assistance Documentation on SAP Help Portal
This KBA describes how to access the User Assistance Documentation on Open Content Network (OCN) Implementation topics so that you can take advantage of online content that is hosted at a third party learning vendor:
- If you want to track your users' online learning but do not want to create or import the content, you can sign up with an Open Content Network (OCN) provider and implement the connection between SAP SuccessFactors Learning and the provider
- The provider hosts the content and manages the content. SAP SuccessFactors Learning tracks your users' completion of the content
- Learning administrators select the content that they want to track and then assign that content like any other learning item in SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Important: Be sure to logon to https://help.sap.com to access the links provided in this KBA.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
What is OCN?
Open Content Network (OCN) is a group of Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) partners who can provide content to SAP SuccessFactors Learning.
How LMS utilizes OCN:
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning created Open Content Network (OCN) to partner with Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) providers so that your employees can easily access their content from within your system
- Employees can still take a MOOC with one of our providers outside the Learning Management System (LMS), but when you bring their courses into the LMS:
- you make it available for assignment
- add it to catalogs
- bundle it into a curriculum or program
- or make it a part of your company's social learning through recommendations
See the links in the Resolution section for links to our User Assistance Documentation on the SAP Help Portal for information on implementing OCN in the LMS.
Click the links below to get started with the latest Open Content Network (OCN) User Assistance Documentation for implementation with LMS:
- Open Content Network
- How SAP SuccessFactors Learning sees MOOC Content - SAP SuccessFactors Learning defines Massive Online Open Courses (MOOC) as an entirely online course that seeks massive participation but that might or might not be free of charge
Implementing Open Content Network for Third Party Providers - Implement Open Content Network (OCN) so that you can take advantage of online content that is hosted at a third party learning vendor.
- Enabling a Open Content Network Third Party Provider - Enable a Open Content Network (OCN) third-party provider to have a simple method of importing third-party content into your LMS. This will provide a seamless launch experience to your users at the provider's site, and will also help in reporting back completion of their learning plan.
- Synchronizing Standard Open Content Network Provider Course Listings - Synchronize the course listings of standard Open Content Network (OCN) providers with the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Adding Open Content Network Provider Names - Add Open Content Network (OCN) provider names
- Importing OCN Content References from a third party Provider to SAP SuccessFactors Learning - Import Open Content Network (OCN) references from third party providers to SAP SuccessFactorsLearning so that SAP SuccessFactors Learning administrators can create trackable units of learning from the OCN courses.
- Sending Completion Status from an OCN Provider to SAP SuccessFactors Learning - When SAP SuccessFactors Learning users complete an Open Content Network (OCN) course that is hosted at the OCN partner's site, the partner can send a completion message back to SAP SuccessFactors Learning so that Learning Management System (LMS) can post their completion.
- Configuring SAML for OCN - Set up Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) for Open Content Network (OCN) so that your users click an assignment and pass directly through to the content hosted at the OCN provider.
- Setting a Pricing Model for Open Content Network - Set a pricing model to account for costs with your Open Content Network (OCN) provider.
- Open Content Network Administration - After you implement Open Content Network (OCN) and after you synchronize the courses for the first time, you can begin administering the courses.
- Importing Open Content - Import content from Open Content Network (OCN) partners when you want to make their courses available to your users.
- Searching for Open Content Learning Items - Search for learning items that were created from the Open Content Network (OCN) when you want to find MOOC courses in the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Viewing Open Content Network Sessions - View Open Content Network (OCN) sessions to see upcoming live sessions for a learning item that has been created through OCN import.
- Activating and Deactivating Open Content Network Learning Items - Activate and deactivate Open Content Network (OCN) learning items to hide or show them in users' catalogs in bulk.
- Background Knowledge for SAP SuccessFactors Learning Web Services - SAP SuccessFactors Learning web services are unique within SAP SuccessFactors, which use a RESTful interface, and pass JSON objects.
- Obtaining an OAuth Token - You obtain an OAuth token at the beginning of every web service session by using the client secret that a SAP SuccessFactors Learning administrator generated for you.
- Generating a System Client Secret for the SAP SuccessFactors Learning System - You generate a client secret from the SAP SuccessFactors Learning administration environment so that system-to-system web service client can obtain tokens.
- Setting up the Token Access Test - You set up the token access test by getting a client secret from SAP SuccessFactors Learning and encoding it and by getting client software that can make web service calls for you.
- Testing OAuth Token Access - Test OAuth token access to SAP SuccessFactors Learning before you begin building your web service client so that you know access works.
SF SuccessFactors Learning Management System LMS OCN; Open Content Network; Coursera; Lynda; openHPI; OpenSesame; Udacity; HMM; Harvard ManageMentor; MOOC; , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-OCN , Open Content Network , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS-INT , Integrations with BizX , How To