Component identified as EIM-DS-EXE per KB Article 2279392 - Support Components for SAP Data Services and SAP Information Steward.
This is a general overview to assist in gathering troubleshooting information to attach to your incident, i.e.. a guide to supplying the materials required to effectively and efficiently work toward a resolution or recommendation for your issue.
At a high level for job execution there are three main categories and you need to determine if the issue relates to one of these:
- Job failures.
- Jobs fail and the job execution error log reflects [E] an error occurred either crashing the job or terminating it.
- Job performance.
- Typically after upgrade or a major design change to an existing job or a significant increase in record volume(s) slowing job execution time.
- Data Integrity issues.
- Missing records or no updates/deletes on Change Data Capture, CDC, designs.
- Unicode handling (codepage, locale).
Alternatively, there can be several design or configuration areas typically presenting where they do not work or are a root cause for an error during configuration:
- Creation/configuration of an ADAPTER and Adapter datastore or WS Soap or Rest datastore.
- Format configuration for flat file, Workbook, Cobol Copybook, etc.
- Web service call from the job.
- Central Repository MultiUser environment understanding and best practice.
- Connectivity for any datastore.
- And those general design 'How to' questions.
All supported versions of SAP Data Services, DS.
KBA , EIM-DS-EXE , Job Execution , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.