Suggestion of administration and Implementation Tools
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
|||Administration & Implementation Tools:|
The below support tools will help you when administering & implementing most SuccessFactors modules. These are 3rd party applications and are not directly supported by SAP.
Performance Troubleshooting Tools
Used to capture Performance information. Product Support would require HTTPWatch logs to further investigate UI Performance related issues i.e. a page is taking more than 10 seconds to load. HTTPWatch can be used to capture useful information for Product Support & Development teams to investigate the issue further.
Note: The acceptable page loading times are generally between 6 and 12 seconds. Any pages loading within this expectation are not considered performance issues.
XML Editor/Validation Tools
This simple text editor helps check the validity of a CSV import file and XML files. Sometimes file encoding or formatting issues are not seen in Excel or OpenOffice, and opening the file in a simple Text editor is the only way to see the issue.
Great tool for editing XML amongst other things. This does not auto-check DTDs or have Grid/Table views, but it is generally faster (loading/saving). Use if you are a master of SuccessFactors XML.
- Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, OS/2, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture. Hundreds of macros and plugins available.
- Plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the "plugin manager" feature.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- Every other feature, both basic and advanced, you would expect to find in a text editor. See the Features page for a full list.
Used to compare Text files. This tool is extremely handy when wanting to compare and identify differences between XML or Text files. Cloud Product Support will use this tool to compare XML files "side-by-side" to quickly identify differences between files.
Open Source differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.
CSV/Import File Editors
- Microsoft Excel
Probably the most commonly used/popular tool to manage CSV import files, but not nessecarily the most user friendly. Due to the auto-formatting that occurs when you open a CSV file directly in MS Excel, special guidelines should be followed when using MS Excel to edit CSV files.
Probably the simplest tool to use when working with CSV files that contain non-english characters. When opening a CSV file, you will be prompted to confirm which format/options should be considered before opening the file.
XML Editor, CSV Editor, SAP SuccessFactors, Import Files, Export Files, Reports, Software, Applications, Troubleshooting, Implementation , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To