- Is there a way to permission Business and Personal email types seperately in Employee Central?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud
- Employee Central
With Role-Based Permissions (RBP), we can set permissions on each type of email address, both Business and Personal email address types. This can be accomplished when setting up the permission roles via Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles:
- In Manage Permission Roles, select the role you want to edit
- Under Permission Settings, in the Employee Data section, locate the permission for 'Email Information' (Personal) and 'Business Email Address'
- Adjust the permissions as necessary
You must also ensure that the picklist values are maintained correctly:
B - Business
P - Personal
O - Other
If you are using MDF picklists then, when configuring this in the ecEmailType picklist, you must ensure both external code fields and the Non-unique external code fields are filled out.
- When a user only has View/Edit permission for “Email Information” (does not have View permission for "Business Email Address"), the user can view/edit Personal and Other email addresses. The user cannot view/edit the Business email address.
- When a user only has View/Edit permission for “Business Email Address” (does not have View permission for "Email Information"), the user can only view/edit the business email address. The user cannot view/edit the Personal and Other email addresses.
- The above pointer has a pre-condition that phoneInfo or socialAccountInfo is enabled.
- When a user has permissions to both “Email Information” and “Business Email Address”, the user can view/edit Business, Personal and Other email address.
- It is not possible to permission custom email types.
- Visibility of the "Contact Information" portlet is reliant on both "Email Information" and "Phone Information" view permissions. As such, if an employee does not have View permission to either "Email Information" or "Phone Information", they will not be able to see the "Contact Information" portlet at all. Employees must have View permission to at least "Email Information" or "Phone Information" to be able to see the "Contact Information" portlet. If you permission an employee to have view permission to "Business Email Address", but not "Email Information" or "Phone Information", the "Contact Information" portlet will not be visible.
SuccessFactors, EC, RBP, business email, personal email, email permission, business email permission, personal email permission, custom email type, custom email permissions, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To