When creating a new dependent within the dependent portlet; users are able to save the new dependent without going into the details section that has mandatory fields.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into SuccessFactors;
- Go to employee personal information;
- Go to dependent portlet section and click edit;
- Create a new dependent filling in name, relationship etc without going into details section (clicking details button);
- Save this new dependent;
- Note how it saved the dependent just fine although there are mandatory fields within the details section.
- As per default settings, mandatory fields are only checked within the details section of the dependent portlet, when navigating into this details section.
- So if you enter only the main information for a new dependent without going into the details section; these mandatory fields are not checked or validated.
Optional - Enabling Mandatory Validations:
- You can enable a feature to apply validations to the details fields:
1. Navigate to Admin Center > Company System and Logo Settings.
2. Select Enable validations for mandatory fields in the Dependent's details section.
3. Save your changes.
Further details can be found in the handbook.
ECT-41739, Enable validations for mandatory fields in the Dependent's details section, dependents, validation, manadatory, required
, KBA , LOD-SF-EC-DPD , Dependents Management , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions