The "Learning Expiration Email Notification" automatic process (APM) has successfully run, and the "SuccessFactors Overdue Learning Notification" checkbox is unchecked; however, the Learning Expiration Notification email contains the overdue items as well as items about to expire.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to System Administration > Automatic Processes >
- Select Learning Expiration Email Notification >
- Uncheck the "SuccessFactors Overdue Learning Email Notification" checkbox >
- Run the Learning Expiration APM >
- The email notification received lists overdue items.
This is the expected system behavior.
- The Learning system does not allow to disable the overdue items notification.
- By checking and un-checking the box, you only configure the application to segregate the content into a different emails if required:
- If the "SuccessFactors Overdue Learning Email Notification" check box (in Email Notification Defaults) is checked, the system will send out two different emails:
i. One for items that are going to expire (expiration e-mail)
ii. Another one for expired items (overdue e-mail)
- If this check box (in Email Notification Defaults) is unchecked, the Learning Expiration Email Notification will contain overdue items and the system will send out a single email (expiration e-mail) for both expired and to-be-expired items
- This preference can be set using following steps:
i. System Administration > Automatic Processes
ii. Select Learning Expiration Email Notification
iii. Set or unset the "SuccessFactors Overdue Learning Email Notification" as per the requirement:
To submit an enhancement request allowing the Overdue Notifications to be disabled, please see KBA 2090228 - How to Submit Enhancement Requests for SAP SuccessFactors Products
learning, lms, expired, overdue, due, date, past, email, template, notify, notification, item, e-mail, expiration, learning expiration email notification , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Problem