- Software Update Manager (SUM) fails on a Microsoft Windows environment during DEPLOY-COMPONENTS step with the following error:
Error: com.sap.ASJ.dpl_api.001041 Deployment Exception during deployment phase [SduLoadingException], cause=[ASJ.dpl_dc.001108 A reading error occurred while loading the SDU [\\<UNC path>\LMSLD03_0-80000680.SCA].]
com.sap.sl.util.sduread.api.IllFormattedSduFileException: Error during attribute reading (entry=name=SDM-SDA-Comp-Version): received exception: exception during archive check: <UNC path>\LMSLD03_0-80000680.SCA (Access is denied)
- You have confirmed that SIDadm user has access to the SCA mentioned in the error above
- You have confirmed that SAPService<SID> user has access to the SCA mentioned in the error above
- You have confirmed that the SCA mentioned in the error is not damaged and can be opened with an archiver such as winrar or winzip.
- Any version of Software Update Manager (SUM)
- Microsoft Windows environment
SAP NetWeaver all versions
Software Update Manager, SUM, access denied, DEPLOY-COMPONENTS, dpl_dc.001108 , KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ , Upgrade tools for Java , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.