Manage Business Configuration UI (BCUI) is locked.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
To unlock the BCUI, you need to follow the below steps:
- go to Manage Data and select the Object Type "ActivityListObject" and object "root".Here
- Set the field "locked" to "No" and Save.
- From the 1H 2023 Release this can be done via Scheduled Job Manager in the Admin Center.
For the steps on how to trigger this job via Scheduled Job Manager in Admin Center, please review the following two links:
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get information on this from the Guide?
A) Guide -Implementing and Managing Business Configuration (BCUI)
Chapter: Synchronizing the Succession Data Model with Metadata Framework (MDF)
- 2080620 - How to enable Manage Business Configuration UI (BCUI) - EC
- 2394286 - Manage Business Configuration: Application Error when trying to save any element in Manage Business Configuration (BCUI)
- 2478776 - Create New UI Config not available in Manage Business Configuration UI (BCUI)
- 2458964 - Synchronise Business Configuration Job Failing due to Unknown Error (Error getRoleIdsRuleIdsMap for baseUserId)
- 2534624 - Error On Save In Manage Business Configuration
root, locked, Enable Business Configuration in Admin Tools — requires “Enable Generic Objects” and “Enable the Attachment Manager”, BCUI, ActivityListObject , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem