The description of the extension field that you have created via PDI in the quick create of a standard delivered screen is not appearing.
You may notice the below mentioned behaviors when you click on the drop down of the field:-
- No records found message.
- Only ID of the value appears.
- Junk values appears.
- Error appears: Outport of the OVS component is not configured correctly; OVS suggest will not work.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the application screen where the custom field has been added.
- Click on New button.
- Quick Create screen opens.
- Enter a valid value or click on the value help/ drop down.
- You can observe the above mentioned behaviors.
You have declared the presentation mode for the extension field as ID&Description, and enabling ID&Description in SAP delivered screen is restricted.
Reasons for the restriction:
- If you configure it with ID&Description, you should have to create two field which represent the ID & Description , and need to bind description of data filed in data model, but for extension field case , it couldn't be enabled for such settings.
- Need to enable external Roundtrip to convert Description to ID. but currenlty it is not supported to create any roundstrip on extended screen.
As ID&Desription on SAP delivered screen cannot be enabled you can use Business Configuration Sets in the PDI solution to acheive this.
KBA , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To
SAP BUSINESS BYDESIGN 1705 ; SAP BUSINESS BYDESIGN 1708 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1702 ; SAP Business ByDesign 1711 ; SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer add-ins 1702 ; SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer add-ins 1705 ; SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer add-ins 1708 ; SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer add-ins 1711