- Software Update Manager (SUM) fails on a Netweaver 7.0 or higher while using Manually Prepared directory option.
- The error thrown by SUM is:
Error: Cannot apply option Manually prepared directory; this feature is only supported for SAP systems based on NetWeaver 7.0 or higher
- Your SAP system is based on NetWeaver 7.0 or higher, but SUM has wrongly detected the source release as 6.30 as visible in <SUM>\sdt\log\SUM\DETERMINE-ENGINE-RELEASE_xx.LOG
[Info ]: Checking AS Java release using jspm tool.
[Info ]: The tool has not been found in location: h:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<nr>\j2ee\JSPM.
[Info ]: Checking AS Java release using version command.
[Info ]: The tool has not been found in location: h:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<nr>\j2ee\cluster\bootstrap\scripts\version.bat.
[Info ]: Version has not been detected, checking SDM tool.
[Info ]: AS Java release detected:630.
- Any version of Software Update Manager
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0 or higher
Software Update Manager, SUM, DETERMINE-ENGINE-RELEASE, JSPM, SDM, telnet , KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ , Upgrade tools for Java , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.