Some courses in library (aka catalog) shows their full description while others show a "more" link.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Sample with full description:
- Sample without full description:
SAP SuccessFactors Learning (LMS)
There is a setting on LMS that controls this.
- Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > LIBRARY
- Search for the displayMaxItemDescriptionLength configuration setting ( this setting does control the "show more" option in the user catalog search).
# The maximum length (in characters) of a learning item description that displays in the library. Default: 100
- The plain text description is used to determine length. HTML tags are ignored.
- All spaces are trimmed. Lead and trailing spaces are removed. Internal spaces are truncated, so " " becomes " " for count purposes.
- If a description has a lot of whitespace in it, that whitespace is being truncated prior to the length check. That's why it shows the whole block and not the "show more".
KBA 2283958 - How to Enable HTML Editor for an Item's Description
sap, sf, success, factors, successfactors, lms, learning, catalog, library, item, description, length, browser, view, details, max, length, html , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem