You want to post Manual Journal Entry Vouchers to certain G/L Accounts but are prevented to so and error messages are raised
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Work Centre General Ledger
- Navigate to View Journal Entries, then Journal Entry Vouchers
- Click on New button, select Journal Entry Voucher
- Maintain the relevant Data (marked with *) and check that the Set of Books is relevant
- Further down, click on Add row button
- In the G/L Account column, search for the relevant one: You notice that it is not available for selection
- Maintain the G/L Account ID manually
- An error message is raised immediately:
"Entered value is not valid for this Context based code field" OR "XYZ is not a valid value for this field. Enter a valid value." (Where XYZ stands for a G/L account ID)
- Navigate to view General Ledger Accounts, click on Advanced
- Fill in the relevant Company and Set of books
- In the G/L Account list displayed, filter on the G/L Account you need
- In the Account Block column, "Only automatic postings allowed" is maintained.
A Manual Journal Entry Voucher cannot be posted for this G/L account as it will only accept automatic postings as per the Account Block set up for it. This is the expected system behaviour.
You can temporarily or permanently disable this posting block in Business Configuration
Open Work Centre Business Configuration
- Select the relevant Implementation Project
- Search and open the Activity "Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination"
- Click on "Edit Charts of Account", select the relevant one
- Search and select the G/L Account for which you need to remove the Block
- In the "G/L Account Posting Block" column, set the block to "All postings allowed"
Go back to the New Manual Journal Entry Voucher Screen, after clicking on "Add row" button, the desired G/L account should now be available for selection and posting of the manual JEV won't be hindered.
If removing the block is only temporary, you can put it back in Business Configuration again.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To