The Succession tiles/dashboards built on the tiles do not respect the Team View settings; As result the Positions which the User does not have access to are being displayed.
The Succession nomination method is 'MDF Position'
The standard Succession tiles under concern:
- Positions by Max Successor Readiness (MDF non-EC)
- Positions by Max Successor Readiness (MDF with EC)
- Most Nominated Successor (MDF non-EC)
- Most Nominated Successor (MDF with EC)
- Successor Readiness (MDF non-EC)
- Successor Readiness (MDF with EC)
- Successors by Role, Stacked by Readiness (MDF non-EC)
- Successors by Role, Stacked by Readiness (MDF with EC)
Note: This also applies to tile based dashboards built with one or more of the aforementioned tiles.
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the Dashboard / tile under concern.
- Expand the 'Filters' section.
- Change the 'Report Type' to 'Team View' Starting From 'Logged In User'.
- Click 'Apply Filters'.
- Expectation : See all people that are nominated for the positions the user's reports currently hold.
- Actual Behavior: User is able to see data of positions he is not associated to in anyway.
The additional positions that are being included in the dashboard are vacant positions (positions with no incumbents). Since the position does not have an incumbent (it's not associated to any user), it is not possible to apply a user filter to this position and they are not excluded from the Ad Hoc Reports and Dashboards based on the team view filter.
Currently, this is a limitation of the feature. In order to minimize the impact of this issue to users with a restricted target population (e.g. managers who are only able to view their direct reports' positions), you can enable Row/field/cell level permissions in the back-end, so that the Dashboard Tiles and Ad Hoc Reports only display positions within the user's target population. To complete tasks in Provisioning, you need to engage your implementation Partner. However, if you are no longer working with a Partner, you can open a Configuration Change Request with Cloud Support, as access to back-end is required.
Partners & Support Only
- Login to provisioning and access the company under concern.
- Click 'Company Settings'.
- Search for and enable the following switches:
- Enable Ad Hoc row level permission for Succession subdomain schema (only support MDF Position).
- Enable Ad Hoc field level permission for Succession subdomain schema (only support MDF Position).
- Enable Ad Hoc cell level permission for Succession subdomain schema (only support MDF Position).
- The position level restriction will work for vacant positions (positions without incumbents) as well, only in instances with Employee Central. If the instance does not have Employee Central, the only option would be to add filters to the Reports / Tiles, to exclude Vacant positions. More on this: Reports and Dashboards for MDF Position.
- Currently, it is not possible to limit nominees information in Ad Hoc reports by "Succession Planning", "Succession Approval", "Succession Management" and "Matrix Report and Succession View Talent Pool Nominees" permissions, as it is in Succession Org Chart. This is the current design, and this gap will be fixed in SAC (SAP Analytics Cloud).
Succession dashboard, TeamView, RBP, Cell, Field, Row, provisioning, switch, MDF, Position, limit, nomination, nominations, ANA, EC, permission , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-DSH , YouCalc Dashboards and Tiles (Dashboards 2.0) , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , How To