If you select two absences for the same day (of different time types) you get an error: "You cannot book absences with different units on the same day."
SAP Successfactors Employee Central - Time off
Reproducing the Issue
- Request half a day absence of time type Vacation
- Approve this request
- Request then another half day absence for the same day of time type Overtime
- You receive an error message preventing you from submitting the second absence "You cannot book absences with different units on the same day."
This is an expected behaviour for Duration based users. The two absence types must be both of the same unit, so either both defined in days (allowing half day bookings) or both in hours.
- Currently, partial day absences can only be combined on a single day if the units of the different time types are identical (days, hours) and user is Duration based. For users with Time Recording Variant set to Clock Times, this is possible if absence times do not overlap.
- The Product Management has confirmed that this is an enhancement for Duration Based user.
- Currently the enhancement has no fix date, and is currently in discussion and not confirmed. You can track the release of this enhancement by checking the release notes in each release for TIM-18987 or reach out to your CSM if tracking is required.
TIM-18987, ECT-22642, TIM-6169, Cannot book absence with different units on the same day, Multiple absence, Duration, Duration Based, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-ABS , Absence error's - Calculations, Deductions, TT&ET , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions