- Some New Hires are missing in Manage Pending Hires (MPH)
- Are New Hires Onboarding Candiatres restricted by Role Based Permissions?
- I can only see some New Hires in the Manage Pending Hires Onboarding tab
- SAP SuccesFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to 'Manage Pending Hires'
- Result: Unable to see all candidates on the onboarding Tab
- New hire candidates in Employee Central do not have Role Based permissions assigned to them yet, thus they are not apart of a group where they will inherit Roles that grant them Permissions
- This means they cannot be considered as apart of a target population
- The System will default to the Groups associated with the New Hires Manager, and the Managers Permissions
- To be able to see a user in the Onboarding tab of the Manage Pending Hires UI, you must have Job Information view permissions to the users Onboarding Manager from their OnboardingCandidateInfo (OCI) data in the same permissions role which provides you access to Manage Pending Hires.
- How to Find if you have access to a Candidate in Manage Pending Hires:
- Identify the role which is providing manage pending hire permission for the user who is facing this issue
- Check who the Manager is of the new candidate being hired is coming under target population of above role.
- Navigate to the users info in Manage Data: OnboardingCandidateInfo
- Review the Manger listed in the managerId field.
- Conduct a User Role Search
- Admin center > User Role Search > Enter the following details
- Access user (User who cannot see Pending Hire in MPH)
- Permission category = Manage Hires
- Permission = Manage pending hire
- In any role which provides you access the Manage Pending Hires, you MUST also have access the Onboarding Manager's Job Information as found in step 2 above.
- Check the detailed role from step 3 above.
- Must include Job Information view permissions
- The Onboarding Manger must be in Target permissions
- How to restrict access based on a group of people for example users in a Department:
- In order to restrict access of candidates to a certain group of people you must set up permissions roles in a way that limits your view of the Onboarding managers.
- For example you wanted to restrict a user to see only the candidates in a certain Department.
Then the permission role which gives them "manage Pending Hires" Permissions must provide Job Infromation View Permissions for a restricted Target population.
- If all the Onboarding Managers are from one Department you can restrict the Target Population to view only users in that department and as such see only the onboarding candidates under the Onboarding mangers from that department.
PS: The flag ready to hire determine when and if the candidate will appears in MPH. When set to yes the user will be authorized to appears properly.
sf, MPH, EC, MPH, Can't see Hire Candidate, success factors, RBP, on boarding, OBD, ONB , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Manage Pending Hires (Integration RCM/ ONB/ OBX + UI) , LOD-SF-OBD , Onboarding , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding all versions