You are trying to open a report (standard or customized) via an ODATA URL, however you get a blank screen or a Bad Request error. You have done the following checks:
- The system and report information in the URL are correct
- The report is assigned to a work center
- You are using supported ODATA query options (please check the help center for supported queries)
Nevertheless, the URL does not open.
The respective report uses a restricted key figure of the type Grid. This key figure type is not supported in ODATA.
To check the key figure type you can proceed as follows:
- Go to the Business Analytics work center, view Design Reports.
- Search for the respective report. If it is customized, click on Edit With -> Report Wizard. If it is a standard one, click on New -> Report as Copy.
- Go to step 2. Click on Personalize in the top right corner of the screen, and select the field Key Figure ID as visible. Save and close the Personalize screen.
- Now you will see the ID of the key figure group that is selected. As an example, let us assume that it is the group HCMTLMU01_GRI_02 (Employee Times: Monthly). If GRI is part of the ID, the type of key figure is Grid.
Unfortunately, this key figure type cannot be used with ODATA. You would need to remove this key figure / key figure group from the report via the report wizard.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To