- How are new Competencies added to SuccessFactors Learning?
- How are Competencies inactivated in SuccessFactors Learning?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Adding new Competencies
- As of b2005 (H1 2020) release, the ability to manually add Competencies from the interface has been removed.
- Competencies are managed through BizX such as Manage Job Profile Content or Manage Competencies tool (depending on configuration).
- Competencies can only be added into Learning through the Competency Connector which uses the Competency Library Export job. The Capabilities Synchronization Automatic Process can be used if migration to Center of Capabilities has been done.
- For information on how to set up the Competency Library Export and Connector, please check the User Assistance Guide (Login may be required). For information on migration to CoC please see this User Assistance Guide.
- Currently, as of b2005 (H1 2020), inactivating a competency can only be done through native Learning login. Native Learning Login access is being removed (Login required) in future releases.
- Native Learning Administration access is being removed first but there are still ways to access Native Learning to be able to inactivate a competency.
- There are various options for ensuring native Learning Administrators can continue to access the Learning Administration pages after Learning admin native login is removed from the product.
- All options revolve around leveraging the “related user” functionality in Learning and the Learning native user login, which will be replaced with IAS-based login. Specifically:
|Does your Learning Admin have a BizX User Account?||Does your Learning Admin have a Learning User Account?||
|Yes||Yes||Associate the Learning user account to the corresponding Learning admin account*||BizX user login|
|No||Yes||Associate the Learning user account to the corresponding Learning admin account*||Learning native user login|
|No||No||Create a Learning User account and associate it to the corresponding Learning admin account||Learning native user login|
|Yes||No||Create a Learning User account and associate it to the corresponding Learning admin account*||BizX user login|
*If your Learning Admin ID matches your BizX User ID, this step can be skipped.
Steps to inactivate:
- Check the above table to see what might be required to give access to Native Learning
- After making sure that there is a related Learning User associated to the Learning admin account, access the Learning User record and set a password
- While in Learning Administration, make a note of the root of the URL e.g. https://[root.plateau(or sapsf)].com
- Take the root URL and append the following "/learning/user/nativelogin.jsp" e.g. https://[root.plateau].com/learning/user/nativelogin.jsp
- Access the website and login with the credentials of the UserID and Password
- Select the Admin tab
- Go to Learning Activities > Competencies > Search for the Competency and edit the record
- In the Summary section, uncheck Active and Apply Changes
- This process will only be followed until Learning Native User IAS is implemented. Please check the Community for a timeline of when this occurs.
- This is the only solution at this time as the Competency Library Export does not support passing Active/Inactive status of Competencies. It is suggested to move over to using Center of Capabilities so that the Capabilities Synchronization in Learning will sync the data between HXM and LMS.
sf, success factors, LMS, bizx, JPB, job profile builder, connector, library, libraries, export, deactivate, competency, status, active, inactive, add, delete, integrated, native, AFT-20003 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-INT , Integrations with BizX , LOD-SF-CDP-INT , CDP Integrations, LMS, PM, EC etc. , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Learning all versions