A new position is created and it gets assigned to a user via new hire process or a employee has being terminated but the incumbent details are not getting updated in position object.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Position Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new position via manage position, for example.
- Hire an employee to this new position.
- Check the field Incumbent in the manage position.
- Check in manage position for a position with an incumbent.
- Terminate the incumbent employee
- Go back to Manage Position and check the field Incumbent.
In both cases the field Incumbent was not update (added or removed the value).
The "incumbent" field is used by Succession Management without Employee Central Position Management enabled.
The "Incumbent" field isn't used by Position Management, which means that the field is never changed when you assign an employee to a position.
It is an expected system behavior.
How you need to set the Incumbent field depends on whether you also use Succession Planning.
|If you use…||Set the Incumbent field to…|
|Position Management and Succession Planning||Not Visible|
|Position Management only||Not Visible|
|Succession Planning only||Editable|
Position, incumbent field, visibility, successfactors, employee central , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , Problem