- "Document Generation" rule type is not showing up when trying to create a new basic rule and choose the rule type dropdown.
- The rule I created doesn't appear in the rule drop down in Manage Document Generation Template Mapping tool.
Employee Central - Document Generation
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into Successfactors and navigate to admin tools
- Open up the "Configure Business Rule" tool
- Click on "create new rule" button because you want to create a rule that can be used within document generation mapping.
- Choose basic rule option
- Give your rule a name and click on the dropdown for "Rule Type"
- Note how you do NOT see the "DocumentGeneration" rule type in the list.
There could be two reasons for why you do not see this option in the rule type dropdown:
- You did not add this rule type to the RuleType picklist.
- You added the rule type to the picklist, but you have the wrong external code in the picklist for document generation.
During initial setup and configuration the step to add the new rule type may have been missed. To fix this you would simply go into the Picklist Center tool and search for picklist called "RuleType". In here add or modify the ruletype by adding a new option called "DocumentGeneration". Please see document Generation implementation guide for more detailed info.
Document Generation, Document Generation Rules, Manage Document Generation Template Mapping, Rule Type, Rule Type Picklist, Picklist Centre , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-DOC , Document Generation , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1602 ; SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core 1605