This is a collection of useful articles related to Document Generation.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
Before opening an incident with Product Support, please be sure that before you open a support incident with Product Support, you have performed the following sanity checks on your configuration/data - bearing in mind most issues are due to a configuration issue:
- The feature is correctly enabled, as described in the related Implementation Guide
- Correct permissions are granted to the administrator/end-user to be able to use the tool (as specified in the Implementation Guide)
- Has the configuration changed recently?
- Was it working before the recent changes?
- Can the recent change be undone so re-testing can be performed?
- Can the issue be reproduced for just 1 or multiple admins?
- If the issue is reproducible for all it is still likely to be a permissions issue.
- If it seems to be related to 1 or a small admin population - the next step is to check and verify the permissions are correctly granted.
- Is the data correct? (Ensure that any recent configuration changes you have made have not caused any data inconsistencies)
- Have you verified that, according to the related Implementation Guide, the feature is configured according to Best Practices recommended in the handbook?
Tips & Tricks
Below are some tips and tricks recommended by Product Support, which you should consider first before opening a Support Incident
Most Document Generation implementation issues are caused by either skipping steps mentioned in the Implementation Handbooks (found here) or trying to configure in a way that is not supported.
Frequently Encountered Issues
- 2235340 - How to enable Employee Central Document Generation feature
- 2323580 - Document Generation: Change or Hide or Add Filters
- 2346020 - Document Generation: Relationship Type
- 2343666 - Document Generation - Special Characters not converted correctly when generating word doc
- 2295288 - Document Generation: Specific employees are unable to see the "Document Generation" related tools in Admin Center although permissions for it have been set correctly.
- 2387814- Document Generation - How to map Pay Component data to a Document Template
2666252 - Can email templates created in document generation be used for EC Alerts?
Most error occured due to invalid configuration. A lot of the time it is due to a Business Rule causing the issue or a step has been missed in the
- 2344607 - Document Generation: Uploaded image does not displayed in generated document
- 2465399 - Document Generation: Image/Logo is not displayed while generating documents in word
- 2250862 - Document Generation: Error - No screen exists
- 2320253 - Document Generation: Specific field is not available for direct mapping
- 2310843 - Document Generation: Unable to 'Generate Document' as Self Service (MSS/ESS)
- 2341359 - Document Generation: Rule type is not displayed when trying to create a new rule to be used for document generation mapping
Since 1805, the "auto-number" fields in MDF can no longer be manually set. Therefore, you need to follow the solution documented in this article to manually Export and then Import the Documents from one instance to another.
- 2716682 - Instance Sync: Document Generation Sync completed with errors
You should also check the SAP ONE Support Launchpad for any new Knowledge Articles that are not included in the above list
When opening a support incident, please ensure the following information is attached to the incident
- Screenshot of the Error Message - also copy/paste the content of the error message to the incident if possible (for JAVA errors or errorIds)
- Timestamp - Copy/paste the text from the "Show version information" pop-up into the incident
- Is the issue replicable for all users or just some/one?
- Screenshots of granted users Role-Based Permissions settings (if relevant)
- Screenshots of Business Rules
- Screenshots of UI configurations
- Please provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue you are encountering - preferably including screenshots - Please make sure that the screenshot is full screen (meaning to show complete web page view)
- When creating an issue, please answer following questions (answer whichever is applicable, if a question doesn't apply in a scenario then answer "Not Applicable"):
- Did this issue start recently?
- Was the same feature or functionality working before?
- Is the issue reproducible for other users?
- If the issue is related to a Picklist or Object field, then please attach an export of the Picklist/Object data
Document Generation, Implementation Tips, Employee Central, workflow, FAQ , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-DOC , Document Generation , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To