Your SAP system is running SAP ASE DBClient SP137 or DBClient SP02 PL04 - downloaded from SAP Service Marketplace BEFORE September 20, 2016.
You notice very slow and sluggish performance on the upgraded systems.
DBACockpit analysis and/or ASE Sybdiag System Monitoring (sp_sysmon) outputs reveal the following:
- ASE engines are constantly pegged at 100% cpu_busy
- very low cache hit ratio for statement cache
- high number of spins for SSQLCACHE_SPIN (statement cache spinlock)
- heavy spinlock activity in Statement Cache
Checking the contents of Statement Cache via dbcc prsqlcache, an uneven distribution of cache statements across the hash buckets is observed; with majority of statements placed in a single bucket.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
SSQLCACHE_SPIN, contention, 100%, performance, slow, busy, engines , 800183 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.