Extension fields added to the Advanced search do not fetch any records.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center with the extension field and open the OWL (Object Work List).
- In the OWL screen, click on the Advanced filter option.
- Enter Search data within the extension field.
- Click on Go.
No records will be found.
This normally happens when there is a mismatch in the Extension field's Business context and the Business Object where the field is assigned.
Example 1: In the Product OWL: While creating/adding an extension field, 2 contexts are found.
- Material - Sales Information
- Material – General Information
Example 2: In the Account OWL: While creating/adding an extension field, 2 contexts are found.
- Account - General Information
- Primary Contact Extensibility
- Hide the added field via Key User Tool.
- Add a new Extension field using the correct Business context.
- Example: If the field is used within the Account view, then the field with the context Account-General Information should be added. If the field has to be used within the Contacts view then the Primary Contact Extensibility should be used. Sample screen as below:
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , Product Enhancement