Position Reclassification behavior
Position Reclassification can take place in the following two scenarios.
- A manager makes changes on the Update Employee Records screen.
- Job Information changes are made through new job, new department, etc.
The system behaves differently based on whether more than one incumbent is allowed to the position (Shared Position).
- If it is not a Shared Position: The system changes the assigned position based on the defined rule.
- If it is a Shared Position: The system does not change the position. First, the system searches for an existing position with status To Be Hired below the higher-level position of the position of the incumbent. If the search is unsuccessful, it creates a new position below the higher-level position and assigns the incumbent to this new position. The new position is created with current FTE value of the employee assigned to the position.
Please note the following:
- If a position was selected manually when Job Information was changed, Position Reclassification does not take place.
- If the supervisor was changed manually when Job Information was changed, the system searches for a position and if required, it creates a new position below the new supervisor's position. If the new supervisor is not assigned to a position, the new position is created without any relation to the higher-level position.
Create Automatic , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem