No data returned, despite expecting data.
- Report based off a Universe returns no records.
- In Crystal Reports, when refreshing a report based off a Universe Stored Procedure with a Date Time parameter, it returns no data.
- When reporting directly from the same stored procedure, and entering the same parameter value, the report returns data.
SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Stored Procedure with a Date Time parameter in any database.
- In the Universe Design Tool, create a Universe based off the Stored Procedure with a Date Time parameter.
- Save and export the Universe to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository.
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off the Universe based off the Stored Procedure.
- When refreshing the report, enter a date time value that should return data, but notice the report returns no data.
- This issue occurs due to the Date Time value mapped to the wrong data type when reporting off a Universe in Crystal Reports.
- This issue has been tracked under SAP Note 2353835
- The issue is resolved, or will be resolved in the following product updates, and above:
- Crystal Reports 2013:
- Support Pack 09
- Crystal Reports 2016:
- Support Pack 04
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010
- Support Pack 18
- To workaround this issue:
- Create a report directly off the stored procedure instead of using a Universe; or
- If the time portion of the date is not important, then modify the stored procedure to only have a date parameter instead of a date time parameter, then update the Universe.
CR, UNV, .UNV, sproc , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016