- Following the beginning of Daylight Saving Time, the CMS.exe process (or boe_cmsd in Linux / Unix) consumes very high CPU%, up to 100%.
- This can lead to generally slow performance throughout the SAP BI environment, e.g. logging in / navigating within the Central Management Console and BI Launchpad
- An Adaptive Processing Server containing the Platform Search Service may also be similarly affected
- Any workflow involving Platform Search, e.g. searching for content from within the BI Launchpad, is especially slow
- With Continuous Crawling selected, this will be evident immediately after DST starts
- With Scheduled Crawling selected, this will become evident whenever the first post-DST instance of the Platform Search Scheduling Object starts running
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
cms.exe, 100%, cms, high, cpu, ,cms spike, joy,BI 4.x, platform search, DST, failed instances, 4.0 4.1 4.2 , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP-SRV , CMS / Auditing issues (excl. 3rd Party Authentication) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.