- Customer is seeing the difference in the number when hovering over the custom tile created through tile builder and the actual data coming while drill down in Dashboard 2.0
- More data is coming in the export file creating during drill down than the number appearing on hovering over the same tile bar
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Hover over a section of the tile and note the number.
- Drill down that section and export the data. Note the number of records coming in the export file.
- You will see that both the numbers are different.
This is not an issue but an expected behavior which occur due to the tile configuration.
- Go to Admin Center -> Manage Dashboard -> Manage Standard Dashboards and YouCalc Files
- Edit the Custom Tile
- Go to Chart Data tab
- Check the value selected under Field Calculation. Is it COUNT(DISTINCT)?
- COUNT (DISTINCT) will calculate the unique records of the column selected under Metric but whole data will be available in drill down.
In Below Example : COUNT (DISTINCT) will calculate the unique Subject User ID and display that number on hover. Here are 107 unique Subject User ID who have their form in Modify Stage but in drill down there might be more than one record present for one Subject User ID which is the reason of more data coming through drill down.
In order to get the same value on hover and drill down, change the Calculation type from COUNT(DISTINCT) to COUNT.
Data difference in Dashboard, Hover, Drill Down, COUNT(Distinct), Custom Tile, Tile Builder , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-DSH , YouCalc Dashboards and Tiles (Dashboards 2.0) , How To