The User Requested Scheduled Offering Notification automatic process was scheduled, but no emails are being sent out to users, after its running, despite the fact that there is scheduled offering that fulfills the users request.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a user request as a user for an instructor led course, when the scheduled offering for a particular date is not found >
- This needs to be done by selecting the "Request Schedule" option from the course on the Learning Plan and entering the relevant details >
- Add a "Need by Date" to a particular date, by when the user would need the scheduled offering to be attended. For example, set the "Need By Date" to December 31, 2016 >
4. Now, from the admin side, create a scheduled offering for the course with multiple segments >
5. Have the User Requested Scheduled Offering APM run >
6. The user does not receive the e-mail for the just created scheduled offering as per "ApmUserRequestedSONotification" template.
The cause for this issue is that the scheduled offering was created with multiple segments. Such that the first segment falls before the 'Need By Date' and final segment, the 'End Date' of the Scheduled Offering, is after the 'Need By Date'.
In our example, the first segment falls before December 31, 2016, and final segment, the 'End Date' of the scheduled offering, is after December 31, 2016.
The resolution would be to ensure that the 'End Date' of the scheduled offering must be before the 'Need By Date' entered for the user for the particular course. With that, the notification would be triggered to notify the users about the scheduled offering that is created based on their request.
user requested scheduled offering, automatic, process, e-mail, not, received, sent, ApmUserRequestedSONotification, apm, end, date, need, by , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , LOD-SF-LMS-SCH , Class - Scheduled Offerings , Problem