You want to send an interactive sales quote to a customer to allow the customer to update or change the sales quote and send it back to the system. You would then like to know the entire process of how the edited interactive sales quote form updates the sales quote in the system.
SAP Business ByDesign
- Go to the New Business workcentre.
- Go tothe Sales Quotes view.
- Open the sales quote XYZ(XYZ represents the ID of the sales quote).
- Click on the You Can Also button and select the Edit Output Settings option.
- In output details make sure that template Sales Quote (Interactive Form) is selected.
- Under Send by select the output channel E-Mail.
- In the E-Mail Settings, ensure that the customer’s recipient email ABC is entered (ABCrepresents the e-mail address).
- Click Apply.
- Click on the Submit button to send the interactive form to the designated e-mail.
The email recipient must carry out the following steps:
- Editing the interactive sales quote: The recipient clicks the Edit button in the line item on the form and then edits the changeable fields e.g. Quantity.
- The edits are usually Quantity, List price, or Add a new item, or a signature added, depending on the needs of the customer.
- The recipient clicks Submit at bottom of form once all changes are completed.
- An automatic e-mail is created (e.g. via the default application or the webmail) that is sent back to the system (Example: to IFORM@myXXXXXX.mail.sapbydesign.com)
- The recipient can then save the changed quote locally if required.
Receiving the interactive sales quote in the system:
- The Employee Responsible of the sales quote will receive a notification in their Inbox in the Open items section of the Home Workcenter.
- The Subject of the notification is Sales Quote: ABC Changed By Customer.
- Click on the Subject drop-down button and select Open Details.
- Select the Attachments sub tab and open the PDF of the sales quote.
- At the bottom of document click on the Update Quote button to approved the changes.
- An e-mail with chosen email client (e.g. via the default application or the webmail), will open.
- Once you send the e-mail the system updates the sales quote in the system.
When you open the sales quote ABC you can see that the changes were incorporated.
Please see also Blog: Sales Quote Interactive Form
Interactive Form; Quote; , KBA , AP-CQP-CQ , Customer Quote , How To