You enabled HTTPS for secure communication in SAP HANA and now you are experiencing some - if not all - of the following symptoms:
- The HANA system shows yellow status in the Systems View of the SAP HANA Studio with error 'sapstartsrv' service not started. This indicates that sapstartsrv cannot be reached.
- The sapstartsrv service is missing in the Services section of the Landscape tab:
- Functions Start System, Stop System, and Restart System are no longer available in the SAP HANA Studio:
- The Error Log View of the SAP HANA Studio shows a SAPControl request failed message with the following error:
- The OS console shows that sapstartsrv is using a PKI certificate. You can confirm this by executing command openssl s_client -connect <host>:50014
- Additionally, errors like the following confirm that this type of certificate is not valid for SSL secure communication:
HANA Database (Revision/SPS independent)
SAP HANA Studio (Revision independent)
SAP HANA Studio, SAP Start Service Logon, SAPControl, HTTPS, sapstartsrv, unable to find valid certificate path to requested target , KBA , HAN-STD-ADM-DBA , SAP HANA Studio (Eclipse) Admin Tooling , HAN-DB-SEC , SAP HANA Security & User Management , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.