You have maintained the VAT Exemption Certificate in the account master data. However, when creating a new sales order for this account, the exemption certificate is not applied to service items.
Reproducing the Issue
To check the VAT Exemption Certificate maintenance:
- Go to the Account Managementn work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Open the respective account and go to Tax Exemption Certificates sub tab in Financial Data tab.
- You can see the Continuous VAT Exemption Certificate is maintained and is valid.
Now create a new sales order using the following steps:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Click New Sales Order from the Common Tasks view.
- Enter the account, then go to the Items tab and enter the respective service item, the VAT Exemption Certificate maintained in the account master is not determined.
- But if you enter a product item, the VAT Exemption Certificate could be picked automatically.
You are wondering, why the VAT Exemption Certificate is not applied to the service item.
The system has been configured that way that the automatic determination of tax exempt certificate is available for selling goodds, not services.
This is the designed behavior in current releases.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To