- When scheduling / viewing on-demand / or refreshing Crystal Reports documents, based on an Oracle database, the following error message is returned:
- Error in File <reportname>.rpt: Failed to load database information.
- In the log files, the following message is observed:
- The database connector '%1' could not be loaded. The correct version of the database client for this database type might not be installed.
- As the 'bobj' user, on the same server host, connectivity to Oracle from outside of BI Platform is working as expected, e.g. the following command must run successfully, including from a directory other than $ORACLE_CLIENT
- sqlplus username/password@tnsname
- replacing tnsname with the name of the connection, taken from tnsnames.ora; and username and password as appropriate
- and where all three values are the ones being used within BI
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- Crystal Reports 2011 / 2013 / 2016
- all supported Linux / Unix operating systems
- any supported Oracle client version
redhat red hat el 5 6 7 suse enterprise sles 10 11 sun sparc solaris IBM AIX 6.1 7.1 7.2 bi 4.x 4.* 4.0 4.1 4.2 bi4.x bi4.x bi4.* bi4.0 bi4.1 bi4.2 ora 10g 11g 11gR2 12c net classic middleware drivers failed to load database information crystal report oracle client 32-bit 64-bit 32 64 bit 32bit 64bit , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP-CRS , SAP Crystal Server , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.