Your requirement is to upload data to the newly created Extension field of the Contacts associated with Accounts. On using the activity Migration of Customers to update the Contacts, you receive the below error:
Update not possible; specified data for CUSTOMER-CONTACT_PERSON with key UUID-CONTENT = `XYZ` does not exist
*XYZ represents the Account
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Customers
- Choose Migrate customers using the migration tool
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration file with Migration Mode Modify already existing records
- You receive the error message in the Simulation step
This is the expected system behavior. Modify Already Existing Records or Enhance Already Existing Records is not supported to update the data of Contacts.
Migration Mode Enhance already existing records is not supported, as the Contact assigned to the Account is not enhanced but a new one with Last Name will be created instead.
To upload data to the newly created Extension field of existing Contacts associated with Accounts, use Mass Data Maintenance work center.
CUSTOMER-CONTACT_PERSON, UUID-CONTENT, Migration of Customers , KBA , customer-contact_person , uuid-content , migration of customers , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , How To