- SCN blog Effective usage of sampling for update statistics in ASE says:
- if a column appears in multiple indexes, the update index statistics table_name [index_name] command updates statistics for that column multiple times.
- the sampling can be used on non-leading columns only.
- in some cases, it may just take too much time and resources.
- e.g. We have two indexes;
Index 1 : IX_TRANSACTIONS_COL1_COl2 ( COL1, COL2)
Index 2 : IX_TRANSACTIONS_COL2_COL1 (COL2, COL1)
- If we run update index statistics on Index 1 and the same column list is present on Index2 , then will Index2 use the same statistics OR will it require its own statistics?
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0
leading, nonleading, print_progress , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.