- Connecting to SAP Business ByDesign Analytics through an OData connection is failing with Error occurred in OData driver: Invalid resource URI.
- The following Stack appears in System >> Traces:
SAP Analytics Cloud (formerly known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud)
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Go To Connections.
- Create a new OData Connection.
- Connection Name: Provide a Connection Name
- Data Source Type: SAP Business ByDesign Analytics
- Data service URL: https://my<xxxxxx>.sapbydesign.com/sap/byd/odata/<xxxxx>.svc/<QueryName>
- Authentication Type: Basic Authentication
- User name: <ByDesign Analytics User name>
- Password: <ByDesign Analytics password>
- Click on "OK"
- Notice the Error: Error occurred in OData driver: Invalid resource URI
- The provided Data service URL is incorrect
- Data service URL should not contain the entity metadata or any specific entity
The correct Data Service URL should end by ".svc", which contains all the OData entities within that container
- For Example: https://my<xxxxxx>.sapbydesign.com/sap/byd/odata/<xxxxx>.svc
- Specific query can be selected when creating model in Modeler
- OData for SAP Business ByDesign Analytics
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Help portal
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud & SAP Digital Boardroom Ideaplace forum (for raising enhancement requests)
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud new user handbook
Please rate how useful you found this KBA by using the star rating facility at the top of this article.
C4A, Cloud, for, Anaytics, C4P, cloudforplanning, cloudforanalytics, BOC, BOBJC, BOBJ, O, data, By, Design, ByDesignAnalytics, BDA, connect, not, working, failing, , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , Problem