- When scheduling a crystal report to a printer, the schedule will fail with the following error: "Invalid printer specified. ~<temp file name>.rpt"
- Some sample crystal reports will succeed, but some will fail with error
- Report Samples -> Demonstration -> "Comparative Income Statement" report: Successfully Scheduled to Printer
- Report Samples -> Demonstration -> "Order Processing Efficiency Dashboard" report: Failed with "Invalid printer Specified" error
- Report Samples -> Demonstration -> "World Sales Report" report: Failed with "Invalid printer specified" error
- Report Samples -> Feature Samples -> "Drilldown" report: Successfully Scheduled to Printer
- Report Samples -> Feature Samples -> "XML Exporting" report: Failed with "Invalid printer specified" error
- Printer List in Crystal Reports Configuration properties has Printer name and Printer connection using UNC path
- Example: \\PRINTSERVER\PRINTERNAME
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- Windows Server OS
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2
ras, crystal, printing, print job, print schedule, scheduling, failing, failed, fail, BI, BOE, BIP, SBOP, invalid printer, problem, send to printer, rpt , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.