- A user wants to select dimension members using a story / page (input control) / group filter.
- When configuring the story / page (input control) / group filter with multiple dimension values, dimension members without any data (unbooked / unplanned) are shown as inactive (Hide Inactive Values) and cannot be selected.
- The dimension option Unbooked is turned on in the story builder.
- You try to input data into an empty version (public or private version) using a story filter or input control with the "unbooked data" option selected but no members can be selected in the story / page (input control) / group filter.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Browse to a story.
- Edit filter (story / input control) for dimension.
- Turn on the option Unbooked (i.e. Unbooked "On" in the Edit filter screen (Set filters for <Dimension>).
- Select members:
For example Time dimension: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 then hit OK
- Go back to the Time dimension filter (story or input control) in the same story: only 2016 and 2017 are active, the other years appear as inactive / unselectable.
Note: Hide Inactive Values (#) also appears in the story or input control filter:
- The inactive dimension values do not have data associated with them (unbooked values).
- There are other story filters defined.
- When there are other story filters defined, the cascading nature of the filters will hide values in other filters that do not have corresponding values.
- For example, if you have a filter for a country dimension with "Canada, USA" selected as values and a filter on a city dimension with "Toronto, Seattle", unselecting the "Canada" country will hide (or make inactive) the "Toronto" dimension member because Canada is already excluded.
- It is redundant to select "Toronto" because that will not bring in results belonging to "Toronto".
- Turn off the "Cascading Effect" option for the story or input control filter.
- Unbooked values will not be hidden and become active.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Inactive values in filters, empty members, "unbooked data" option, object is disabled and there is no way for reactivating it, filter is still inactive, Parent Child hierarchy is not working as expected, , KBA , parent child hierarchy is not working , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , How To