You have released an invoice successfully. When checking this invoice in the Invoice Volume report, you find the total amount is different than the corresponding journal entry document.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoicing Documents view.
- Open the invoice ABC. (ABC represents the ID of the invoice), the total amount is 2,100 EUR for example. (note that the invoice was released on 14th Oct and the posting date is 30th Sep).
- Go to the Document Flow view, click on the journal entry icon.
- System then opens the Journal Entry document of this invoice, from here the total amount is 649.215,00 HUF. And the exchange rate from EUR to HUF is 309,15.
- Now, open the report Invoice Volume, run it and filter the invoice ABC.
- You find the total amount in company currency is 641.592,00 HUF. It is different than the Journal Entry total.
- The way the currency conversion / exchange rate is determined in the invoice volume report is different from the financial documents or reports. In this case, in the invoice volume report, the system determines the exchange rate based on the time of creation of the invoice, and uses the exchange rate that is active at this moment in time to calculate exchange rate from EUR into HUF.
- The invoice in our example was created on the 14th Oct and the exchange rate that was valid at this time is 350,52. So the total of the invoice in HUF is 641.592,00 HUF.
- In the Invoice Volume Report the specific time used for the exchange rate is 00:00:00 UTC. In case the exchange rate has changed on the 14th of Oct at 4:00:00 UTC, the exchange rate before the change will be considered for the Invoice Volume Report.
- However, in financials, the exchange rate is determined based on posting date. In this case, the posting date for the invoice is the 30th Sep. The exchange rate valid on the 30th Sep is 309,15. Thus, in the Journal Entry, the total of the invoice in HUF is 2100 * 309,15=649.215,00 HUF.
- Additionally, the sales reporting and financial reporting are different since they are using different methodologies. The Invoice Volume report as such has no effect on the financial part.
This is the designed system behavior.
Rechnungsvolumen, Bericht, Währung, Kurs, Invoice Volume, Report, Currency, Exchange Rate , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , How To